[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Oct 2 17:31:53 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 05:05:45PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 11:12:23PM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
[...]
> > I would personnally be really annoyed to send patches to files I
> > maintain. I do however pay really attention to comments made on -cvslog,
> > and I address them. Many people review on -cvslog as well.
> >
> > Given the coverage FFmpeg svn has now thanks to FATE, this is reasonable
> > IMHO, and avoids the burden.
>
> I agree for not too large changes to files you maintain, but if you make
> large changes or API changes, then review and comments will always be
> valuable.  You just sent a patch for MOV autocrop, which is something
> you maintain...

the mov autocrop is controversal and also has related changes in ffmpeg.c
i did a quick look and it may be the best that can be done but its surely
something that everyone involved agrees to need to be discussed

Frequently ignored awnser#1 FFmpeg bugs should be sent to our bugtracker. User
questions about the command line tools should be sent to the ffmpeg-user ML.
And questions about how to use libav* should be sent to the libav-user ML.