[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Sat Oct 2 19:04:31 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> Maybe other alternatives need to be explored. ?FFmpeg does not need to
> be lead by one person. ?We can have a structure similar to the board
> of directors that we have for the FFmtech foundation.

I'm still reading this whole thread, I'd just like to note I'm
completely against this idea. It's interesting but I've seen too many
cases where it plainly doesn't work and I don't see any reason why it
_would_ work for us.

FFmpeg is best lead by the people who - at that time - have the time
(and knowledge) to review patches and help steer and move forward.
Right now that isn't just Michael, a whole group of us reviews etc.
And that's how it should be. Not assigned, but self-driven,
autonomous, with Michael as a final (belevolent) dictator in case
that's needed. Maybe not ideal, but better than a committee.

Ronald