[FFmpeg-devel] [MPlayer-legal] [VOTE] New root crew for mphq and new projectleader for FFmpeg

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sun Oct 3 21:04:44 CEST 2010

On 10/03/2010 07:52 PM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> Also it should be in control of the project leader to decide when to
> suspend commit rights, it's reasonable to warn at the first violation
> (yellow card?) and to suspend the second time for a variable period
> (e.g. from three days to two months depending on the decision of the
> project leader or on the type of violation). Such suspension shouldn't
> preclude the possibility to continue to contribute/discuss in other
> ways (e.g. by sending patches, posts or by reviewing patches).

Given that the main issue at hand is that the is the feeling that either
root or "the leader" abused their options this is the worst possible
suggestion.

Regarding the external root as neutral party I think the main problem is
that a root should be trusted, you don't trust unknown people and
usually you know people because is involved in the project so we have a
chicken egg problem ^^;

lu

--

Luca Barbato