[FFmpeg-devel] [WIP] rotate filter(s)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Oct 3 21:35:00 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 07:35:49PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in attachment a first stub at the rotate filter. I don't know if it is
> a good idea to keep the float variant, while the rotate_ss may be
> useful (and the rotation angle could be made parametric).
>
> The integer-only rotating code is taken from tests/rotozoom.c, I don't
> know if we have a corresponding version in the libs.
>
> fill_line_with_color() and draw_rectangle() are duplicated from
> vf_pad.c, so maybe we should make them public (or at least ff_ them),
> drawutils.[ch] may be a good place where to put them.
>
> Note that ffplay/SDL doesn't work with odd width/height sizes, so you
> may need to rescale to an even wxh size (this could be done with a
> parametric scale as discussed some months ago).
>
> What this rotate filter still lacks, apart a resolution to the
> refactoring problems mentioned above, is a YUV planar version of the
> rotating function, and possibly the extension to other RGB variants,
> which should be pretty easy to add. Everyone feel free to continue to
> work on this and post an updated patch.

looks like you implemented nearest neighbor sampling in int and float
thats not what rotozoom does, also see vf_perspective.c

Old school: Use the lowest level language in which you can solve the problem
            conveniently.
New school: Use the highest level language in which the latest supercomputer
            can solve the problem without the user falling asleep waiting.