[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Diego Biurrun diego
Fri Oct 8 10:37:09 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 04:02:39AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 07:02:07PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 03:07:06AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > Thus please tell me exactly which rule ive where broken, and iam sure this
> > > can be reseolved through discussion but i dont see how a vote could resolve
> > > that.
> >
> > You do not write proper commit messages.
> > You do not always add license headers to files.
> > You do not always add multiple inclusion guards to headers.
> > You do not format your code in K&R style.
>
> I want to have more good developers who occasionally forget a license
> header or get the whitespce before or after = wrong compared to what version
> 12.34 of gnu indent -kr does
> and less of the whining and trolling kind

So it's OK for certain devs to play by their own rules, ignore the
opinions of others and ignore the letter and the spirit of the
written policy?

Because this is essentially what you are saying.  Of course you reserve
the privilege of bending the rules and deciding which rules can be bent
by whom.  But the core of the problem is the complete disregard for the
wishes and requirements of other people.  You just don't see them as
equals.

You will not like to hear this and start frothing at the mouth right
away, but after the recent round of insults and bad treatments I don't
much feel like pulling punches any longer: This situation very much
reminds me of the conflicts with a certain dev in MPlayer who lived
by his own rules without any regard for the devs around him.

Diego