[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Add a demuxer directly handling rtp:// URLs by inspecting their content

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sun Oct 10 18:37:03 CEST 2010

Hi Martin,

On 09/10/10 16:55, Martin Storsjo wrote:
> ---
> This is an initial attempt at creating a demuxer that is able to play back
> some RTP streams without needing a SDP description of them.

I now see a bug on roundup asking for this, but... Is this really a good
idea? AFAIK, "rtp://..." URLs are not standardised in any way, and the
only standard way to identify an RTP session is an SDP. I think that
something like this patch can work in some cases, but will fail in some
other cases (I believe there are a lot of them - basically, the only
case in which this can work reliably is TS over RTP...) and will end up
confusing the users even more...

			Luca