[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] AMR-WB Decoder
Mon Sep 20 12:46:07 CEST 2010
On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:21:53AM +0200, Vitor Sessak wrote:
> On 09/20/2010 09:09 AM, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 11:25:17PM +0200, Vitor Sessak wrote:
>>> On 09/19/2010 10:54 PM, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>>> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 05:15:26PM -0300, Marcelo Galv?o P?voa wrote:
>>>>> The code has already been reviewed mostly by Vitor Sessak, discussed
>>>>> and tested at the ffmpeg-soc list.
>>>> Then why does this patch not even follow everything listed in the
>>>> New codecs or formats checklist:
>>> I saw a couple of things that didn't followed the guidelines, but I
>>> focused on other more important things (code duplication, mostly) and
>>> forgot to point out the nits later.
>> BTW, sorry if I sound like I'm picking on you in particular, this has
>> been an issue with our SoC processes basically since day one. Anyway..
>> IMNSHO patches should be cooked into shape on ffmpeg-soc before they
>> are proposed here.
> I think this patch is in a very good shape (much better than the average
> patch posted to -devel), and that's the reason I *explicitly* asked
> Marcelo to post it here. I don't think a couple of nits proves me wrong.
I'm not talking about the nits. Here is the list:
1. Did you use av_cold for codec initialization and close functions?
2. Did you add a long_name under NULL_IF_CONFIG_SMALL to the AVCodec or AVInputFormat/AVOutputFormat struct?
3. Did you bump the minor version number in `avcodec.h' or `avformat.h'?
4. Did you register it in `allcodecs.c' or `allformats.c'?
5. Did you add the CodecID to `avcodec.h'?
6. If it has a fourcc, did you add it to `libavformat/riff.c', even if it is only a decoder?
7. Did you add a rule to compile the appropriate files in the Makefile? Remember to do this even if you're just adding a format to a file that is already being compiled by some other rule, like a raw demuxer.
8. Did you add an entry to the table of supported formats or codecs in `doc/general.texi'?
9. Did you add an entry in the Changelog?
10. If it depends on a parser or a library, did you add that dependency in configure?
11. Did you "svn add" the appropriate files before commiting?
The patch fails 8. and 9. and I suspect 10. as well.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel