[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-09-17#

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Sep 24 22:01:56 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 08:39:37PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
>
> > yadif has been approved already ...
>
> By whom?

me

> There is an awful amount of truly disgusting code in
> mplayer, which was some still "approved".  Most of mplayer is nowhere
> near the standards we require for new submissions to ffmpeg.  Moving
> filters to libavfilter is a good opportunity to clean them up rather
> than turn ffmpeg also into a stinking dung heap.

on one hand you argue that asm optims should be hidden in inline->yasm
translations and then you argue that code which you never looked at
should be delayed indefinitly because it comes from a project you
personally dislike.
Yes some code in mplayer is of rather poor quality, yadif is not amongth that
i know because i happen to be the author of it
and the patch was alraedy delayed for 2 weeks because of you, you had these
2 weeks to review it you did nothing
we will not hold all patches from mplayer indefinitly because you have a
personal issue with mplayer.

When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and
there is nothing more to fear from them, then he is always stirring up
some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader. -- Plato