[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH+RFC] AVFrame for audio
Thu Sep 30 03:20:04 CEST 2010
Peter Ross wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 07:11:37PM -0400, Justin Ruggles wrote:
>> Peter Ross wrote:
>>> To prototype use of audio in AVFrame, I have modified the PCM encoder/decoder
>>> and addded new public lavc functions.
>>> Existing SAMPLE_FMTs are mapping onto (AVFrame*)->data. The obvious
>>> next step is to support planar audio, and splitting FF_COMMON_FRAME into
>>> common, audio- and video-specific parts.
>>> avctx->reget_audio_buffer() is implemened using a simple realloc. It
>>> probably makes sense to reuse the video InternalBuffer stuff, but i'm not
>> Any progress on this? I really like the idea.
> Unfortunately not. If you or anyone else wants to run with this patch, please do.
Here is a new patch+rfc to only change the audio decoding to behave like
- adds nb_sample to AVFrame
- adapts get/reget_buffer to support video or audio media types
- example implementation for pcm decoder
Once this part is reviewed and agreed upon, I'll work on the user-side
usage of avcodec_decode_audio4() and the tedious work of changing all
the audio decoders to the new API.
Planar audio would definitely be nice to add later, but I'm not sure how
to go about it. maybe something like...
- a new AVFrame field **audio_data
- allocate channel pointers and data for each channel in get_buffer()
- add planer sample formats and support in conversion function/filter
- might allow moving float_to_int16_interleave() to avfilter?
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the ffmpeg-devel