[FFmpeg-devel] setting up fate

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Apr 30 15:22:38 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 08:47:06AM -0400, Mike Scheutzow wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 08:18:45AM -0400, Mike Scheutzow wrote:
>>
>>> Could someone give me a link which describes how to set up fate?
>>>

>> I think there should be one somewhere, but as a short summary,
>> create a file with something like this:
>> slot=powerpc64-linux-gcc-4.1.2
>> repo=git://git.videolan.org/ffmpeg
>> samples=<path to fate suite samples>
>> fate_recv="ssh fate@<fate server>"
>> cc=gcc-4.1.2
>>

>> Then in regular intervals run
>> tests/fate.sh <filename with above>
>> Not sure where it ends up placing stuff, so probably best
>> make a copy of fate.sh and place everything in a separate
>> directory so it doesn't mess up your file system.
>>

> Thank you. That's really helpful.

what platforms you want/can run fate under for fate.ffmpeg.org ?
or do you want to setup some private fate?

btw
cc should be "ccache gcc-4.1.2" when you have ccache available, its
a bit faster as it requiires fewer compiles

extra_conf="--disable-debug" mighty make it a hair faster too and
reduce space requiremnets if you are short on space

While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there
will be no State. -- Vladimir Lenin