[FFmpeg-devel] FFMPEG extension OpenCL

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Dec 10 22:23:29 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 04:14:48PM +0200, Lupescu Grigore wrote:
> My question is regarding your framework, is there anything that is of interest that would "benefit" from OpenCL[3] support - in a particular case APU optimizations -zero copy- (alongside a GPU implementation).

Deinterlace and possibly some high-quality scale filters.
They are trivially parallelizable to a high degree but still involve
a lot of computations, and there is also a wide range of alternative
algorithms if the chose one happens not to work well on a GPU.
Other areas IMO are unlikely to give a convincing improvement, especially
if all you have is half a man-year in resources.