[FFmpeg-devel] FFMPEG extension OpenCL

Mark Himsley mark at mdsh.com
Tue Dec 13 11:43:22 CET 2011

On 10/12/11 14:14, Lupescu Grigore wrote:

> My question is regarding your framework, is there anything that is of
> interest that would "benefit" from OpenCL[3] support - in a
> particular case APU optimizations -zero copy- (alongside a GPU
> implementation). I would attempt during the next 6 months an
> implementation and if everything goes well my part might be used in
> some way (up to you to decide). So in short i'm just asking for
> "areas" that i could extend to benefit from OpenCL. Any
> link/suggestion is welcome.

another suggestion: band-pass filter.

As use case: I'd like to be able to take a high definition video (like
1920x1080, for instance) and band-pass limit the resolution in both
horizontal and vertical directions. In this particular use case, I would
want to be able to make the band-passed output equivalent to that of a
file with a resolution of 702x386 pixels.

This particular use case for a band-pass filter would be to eliminate
any aliasing that would be caused by scaling a progressive 1920x1080
video to an interlaced 720x576 video (scale to 702x576, pad to 720x576,
then interlace).

I don't think (happy to be corrected) FFmpeg currently includes any
band-pass filtering filters.

--
Mark