[FFmpeg-devel] Sample: MPO file format for stereoscopic photos

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Dec 31 18:05:04 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 04:48:22PM +0000, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 12/31/11, Reimar Doeffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> >> Isn't this obvious? mpo format is unrelated to mjpeg. Feel free to
> >> write demuxer.
> >
> > Uh, looking at the patch the MPO format _is_ MJPEG so I have no idea why
> > you'd call it "unrelated"?!?
>
> Look at MPO format specifications posted by OP.

I did. The file format is MJPEG, though with some extra information
(index etc.) in APP data.
Most of the extra data seems most appropriate to process on an
application level, not the demuxer level.
And I don't see much if any value in the index really.
So I don't see what you problem with it is that you'd rather not have it
"supported" at all?
Considering it is only an extension mapping it is somewhat useless, but
I am trying to add some content-based detection for image formats and a
separate demuxer would cause additional pain for no benefit I can see.