[FFmpeg-devel] Compromise

Nicolas George nicolas.george
Fri Feb 4 09:52:41 CET 2011

Le quintidi 15 pluvi?se, an CCXIX, Jason Garrett-Glaser a ?crit?:
> > <michaelni> compromise = "roots replaced by neutral people, stef,me,carl,reimar,baptiste joining commiters, clarification of leadership of new team, clarification of file maintainers vs commiters, some vission doc that lists goals of ffmpeg)

> Why have you two unilaterally decided that Mans can speak for all of
> us?

Speaking only for myself:

I had assumed that M?ns was informal chief/spokesperson for the commiters
of git.ffmpeg.org because he is the most outspoken, and because no other
has, if I remember correctly and limited to this list, stated that he did
not adhere, until you right now.

Michael has made a proposal, which I paste here for reference:

>> roots replaced by neutral people
>> stef,me,carl,reimar,baptiste joining commiters
>> clarification of leadership of new team
>> clarification of file maintainers vs commiters
>> some vission doc that lists goals of ffmpeg

I can understand that some of these condition are unacceptable to some
people, but some others seem pretty reasonable to me.

It would be nice if each one of the commiters could take time to answer,
point by point, to these conditions and tell if he thinks them acceptable,
and if not, why. Failing that, how are we (neither Michael nor the
commiters) suppose to know that you do not adhere to M?ns' position, "all of
it unacceptable; I will not reply again"?

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George