[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Equality and leader team

compn tempn
Sat Feb 5 17:21:46 CET 2011

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 05:31:20 -0800, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:

>>>What does this even mean? ?Just like all your "votes", this doesn't
>>>make any sense and does nothing but beg the question.
>>>
>>>"Disband the 7 committers", whatever that means, would mean we would
>>>have no more committers on ffmpeg at all. ?I think this is a bad idea,
>>>because without committers, there won't be any development. ?Perhaps
>>>you wanted to vote on ADDING MORE committers, instead of REMOVING
>>>them?
>>
>> i think he means 'remove the monopoly of 7, by allowing all to have
>> push/commit access again'.
>
>So we're now going to let everyone commit without review again?  This
>is inviting disaster.

i answered your question in the rest of the mail, which you didnt quote:

>>>and even more confused about what the actual technical consequences of
>>>a vote on this would be.
>>
>>the technical consequences would be the same as what we had in svn.
>>everyone has commit access. patches need to be reviewed and
>>compiled and make tested and ok'd by maintainers before being applied.
>>if something goes wrong we ask it be reverted.

disaster? i'm really getting tired of all this gloom and doom talk.
could you explain the technical reasons why this is a bad idea?

the only thing i dont remember being reviewed was libmpcodecs, and
michael said he would remove it if it could resolve this mess.

-compn