[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-commits] Implement a SIMD version of emulated_edge_mc() for x86.

Daniel Verkamp daniel
Tue Feb 8 02:34:21 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:18 AM, Daniel Verkamp <daniel at drv.nu> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Ronald S. Bultje <git at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
>>> Module: ffmpeg
>>> Branch: master
>>> Commit: 81f2a3f4ffcc6935b8b8ada4954700b3f333ae4f
>>>
>>> Author: Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com>
>>> Date: ? Mon Jan 31 20:55:56 2011 -0500
>>>
>>> Implement a SIMD version of emulated_edge_mc() for x86.
>>
>> This crashes on a mingw-w64 build run on Win7 x64:
>
> I'm not 100% surprised.
>
> If we want to continue to support win64, I need a win64 ssh login with
> complete mingw64+mingw32 installed, and I need a fate system for each
> also. Could you consider setting that up?
>
> As soon as I have a SSH login, I'll see if I can fix it. Almost
> certainly, the v_extend_15 is >128bytes. Switching some instructions
> or registers will fix it.

I've been poking around at setting up a FATE box for Windows, but
frankly the native compilation situation with mingw+msys is next to
unusable (terribly slow configure/build, no package management, buggy
headers) and Cygwin-hosted cross compilation speed is even worse
(though it at least has some semblance of package management); I've
been using a Linux-hosted cross compiler instead, but that doesn't
allow me to run FATE directly, and remote exec with Cygwin sshd + key
auth apparently doesn't play nice with Windows permissions.  I will
probably work something out for FATE at least (doesn't matter too much
if it's slow as long as I don't have to sit and watch it), but only
when I get a large dose of patience some weekend.

I don't really want to give out SSH access to my personal Windows
desktop for security and performance reasons, but perhaps a VM on
another machine could be set up.  On the other hand, it's probably
more convenient for the developer to have his own VM in that case...
If you are really unable to run one yourself, I can consider setting
one up here.

Thanks,
-- Daniel Verkamp