[FFmpeg-devel] Fwd: Re: The new team is baning FFmpeg developers of the mailing list

Ivo ivop
Tue Feb 8 03:13:06 CET 2011

On Tuesday 08 February 2011, 00:37:56, Arpi wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2011, at 11:59 PM, Berczi Gabor wrote:
> > _Attilla_ wrote:
> > > We, the FFmpeg [1]
> >
> > By the way, that is _SO_ not your trademark. You're just an average
> > nerd, neck deep in copyright violation.
>
> I'm forwarding this, because he is already _banned_ (no, not moderated).
> I do this because i agree with the content.
> You did illegitimately overtake the domain, the name and now even the
> ownership?

Did anyone contact Fabrice yet? He's is still the legitimate owner of
ffmpeg.org.

IMHO these "seven samurai" should be stopped before it's too late. I have
seldomly witnessed such mean backstabbing behaviour, either on- or offline.
Some people (some on, some not on, the list of signees of
the "announcement") seem to justify the means used by this group, but think
about it, how would you feel if somebody took over your house, your
bankaccount and your name while you were on vacation and weren't paying
attention too well?

I really can't get my head around to what has happened. It's all so wrong in
every conceivable way.

--Ivo