[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Equality and leader team

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras
Wed Feb 9 10:15:44 CET 2011

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Reimar D?ffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 02:03:08PM -0500, Justin Ruggles wrote:
>> For the record, I'm not against more developers having commit access as
>> long as we still require patches be sent to ffmpeg-devel and approved by
>> at least one other dev with knowledge in the area
>
> I'll repeat it again: this is ridiculous. There are vast areas of FFmpeg
> with 0 to 1 devs with knowledge. This makes maintaining these parts
> _impossible_!!

You don't have to have prior knowledge on the area to Ack a patch. It
is highly preferable, but if there's nobody else, just some basic
sanity checks should do it. Hopefully in the process of ack'ing a
patch, the developer would take the task try to understand the code
before doing so, and that's always good.

--
Felipe Contreras