[FFmpeg-devel] Maintainership question

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Sat Feb 12 22:10:22 CET 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Reimar D?ffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 03:57:18PM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
>> These are pretty major, especially the third one. FFmpeg does a lot of
>> dubious stuff to timestamps, every second transcoding I try does abort
>> with "pts <= last_pts" errors or something along those lines.
>
> I've heard that a few times, however I have not seen any indication that
> this is in the slightest related to that code, if it is that might be
> one of the more straight-forward issues to attack.

Let me re-state the question as follows: I have a file that contains a
single video streams. The file is stored in location /path/to/file
(format "Y") and contains irregular timestamps. The video contains
B-frames. How does FFmpeg calculate the PTS (I don't care about DTS at
this point) of decoded images coming out of avcodec_decode_videoX()?
Quasi-code is acceptable to answer this exercise.

Ronald