[FFmpeg-devel] About guess_correct_pts / AVFrame.best_effort_timestamp

Nicolas George nicolas.george
Wed Feb 16 16:54:50 CET 2011

L'octidi 28 pluvi?se, an CCXIX, Jean-Daniel Dupas a ?crit?:
> This is exactly the problem. Not all containers can provide a timestamp.
> Some containers provide only pts. Some others only dts. They are a lot of
> cases to handle, and actually each client must rewrite this handling.
> If I understand correctly, the proposed changed it to add a timestamp that
> is always valid.
> Its purpose is not to replace the raw values, but to handle all subtleties
> of timestamp interpretations.

Thanks, that is exactly that.

Of course, the way it is done in corner cases is open to discussion.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George