[FFmpeg-devel] About guess_correct_pts / AVFrame.best_effort_timestamp

Nicolas George nicolas.george
Wed Feb 16 17:59:25 CET 2011

L'octidi 28 pluvi?se, an CCXIX, Ronald S. Bultje a ?crit?:
> <sarcasm> Oh, so the code isn't necessary? Let's drop it then. </sarcasm>

<sarcasm> ffmpeg is not necessary either, nor are computers or electricity.
We can go back hunting wild beasts using flint. </sarcasm>

> Come on dude, stop playing around.

I am not playing around. I proposed this patch to fix a very specific issue:
the movie source in lavfi needed a timestamp, it was about to duplicate the
code in ffmpeg.

I do not see what "-vcodec copy does not work with MKV" has to do with it,
except that this is one of M?ns' pet subject.

Now, as I pointed out earlier, I am trying to sum up the whole problem
answering to your first mail in this thread and I would like to focus on
that.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George