[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] CrystalHD decoder support v5
Sat Feb 19 23:05:07 CET 2011
* Added a comment on how things work at a high level.
* Implemented comprehensive handling for cases where
multiple ProcOutput calls are needed per decode().
This fixes playback of hard telecined content.
* Assume encoded fields are submitted in top -> bottom
order, regardless of presentation order. BFF examples
I've seen work this way.
* Removed claim of MPEG1 support. Broadcom engineer says
that the hardware doesn't actually do it. That would
explain why I never got a sample to play...
* Not a change per-se, but I've now been able to verify
MPEG4 Part 2 and VC1 interlaced content, and both
No change here, but a quick summary
* 70012 still doesn't work right. It needs different decode()
timing and I haven't investigated it completely.
* Interlaced H.264 support remains incomplete due to lack of
a way to distinguish the cases. MBAFF as produced by x264 is
assumed for now.
As with v4, I present this as a serious candidate for submission.
I think general aspects of it have been reviewed to the satisfaction
of everyone who expressed an opinion. Now I really need a technical
review on how I'm actually handling the content; I have no illusions
that the interlaced handling is complete (I swear, I think 90% of the
work has been on interlaced handling) but it's solid for progressive.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 39795 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the ffmpeg-devel