[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] allow wordexp globs in image2 file sequence import

Víctor Paesa victorpaesa
Sat Jan 1 13:18:44 CET 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 18:11, Brian Olson wrote:
> It seemed cumbersome to me to have to symlink/rename my image sequence files to fit
> ffmpeg -i prefix%05d.jpg
> so I hacked libavformat/img2.c to use <wordexp.h> file globbing, and now I can
> ffmpeg -i '*.jpg'
> (and other shell-expnsion patterns like ? * [] {})
>
> This is my first attempt at submitting to ffmpeg. I hope you like it. Feedback welcome. Hopefully I didn't break the conventions too much.

I think you should check for wordexp() availability in configure, and
guard your code with HAVE_WORDEXP.
grep the code for strtok_r/HAVE_STRTOK_R, as an example.

Also, you should update the documentation.

Thanks for your contribution,
V?ctor