[FFmpeg-devel] How can I determine color_range from a filter?

Larry Robinson silver-dad
Thu Jan 6 23:22:11 CET 2011

I am writing a filter which will write time stamps on the video frames
to help with editing, by alpha-blending the digits onto the frame.

In libavutil/pixfmt.h I see:

PIX_FMT_YUVJ444P,  ///< planar YUV 4:4:4, 24bpp, full scale (JPEG),
deprecated in favor of PIX_FMT_YUV444P and setting color_range.

This implies that for PIX_FMT_YUV444P (and a couple of others used by
JPEG) I need to look at color_range to correctly write the pixels.  As
far as I can tell (after 6 hours of study) there is no way to get from
an AVFilterLink (which I have in the filter) to the AVCodecContext where
color_range resides.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Larry Robinson