[FFmpeg-devel] How can I determine color_range from a filter?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jan 7 03:28:03 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 04:06:33PM -0800, Larry Robinson wrote:
> Let me know what the (few others) are and I will try to add them :-) .

    /**
     * Chromaticity coordinates of the source primaries.
     * - encoding: Set by user
     * - decoding: Set by libavcodec
     */
    enum AVColorPrimaries color_primaries;

    /**
     * Color Transfer Characteristic.
     * - encoding: Set by user
     * - decoding: Set by libavcodec
     */
    enum AVColorTransferCharacteristic color_trc;

    /**
     * YUV colorspace type.
     * - encoding: Set by user
     * - decoding: Set by libavcodec
     */
    enum AVColorSpace colorspace;

    /**
     * MPEG vs JPEG YUV range.
     * - encoding: Set by user
     * - decoding: Set by libavcodec
     */
    enum AVColorRange color_range;

    /**
     * This defines the location of chroma samples.
     * - encoding: Set by user
     * - decoding: Set by libavcodec
     */
    enum AVChromaLocation chroma_sample_location;

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know
nothing. -- Socrates