[FFmpeg-devel] Adding AMD OpenVideo Decode acceleration

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Fri Jan 7 14:36:08 CET 2011

Leith Bade <leith <at> leithalweapon.geek.nz> writes:

> I would like to use FFmpeg to drive AMD's new OpenVideo Decode API (which
> interops with OpenCL and OpenGL) with H264.
>
> I have been learning the API, but the documentation is very poor (lots of
> typos, mistakes, vague or missing descriptions).
>
> As far as I can tell the API's structures are very similar to DXVA, but
> simplified a bit. (I have used DXVA docs to fill in the gaps in the OVD
> docs).

Could you confirm that you are talking about a Windows-only API (while there
obviously already is a Windows API called DXVA that would work on other
hardware, too, and that is already - partly - supported in FFmpeg)?
http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?p=162209#post162209

Carl Eugen