[FFmpeg-devel] Multichannel WavPack support anyone?

Kostya kostya.shishkov
Sat Jan 8 21:06:22 CET 2011

Some people think it's nice to have multichannel (>2) WavPack support, and
while I'm not one of them I'm not entirely against that idea.

I have proof of concept support for multiblock WavPack, seems to work with
4.0, 5.1, 6.1 an 7.1 WavPack samples (ask Compn where he hid those samples).
It changes decoding process a bit: every block is now prefixed with 32-bit
little-endian block size (straight from .wv file) and channel mask is
extracted by WavPack demuxer.

While this works for WavPack, it breaks WavPack-in-Matroska. Also they have
different format for multiblock files -
http://matroska.org/technical/specs/codecid/wavpack.html

Since I'm not going to work further on it (and I was not supposed to work on
it at all) I post it here just in case someone finds it useful.