[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Cleanse swscale

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Tue Jan 11 22:50:30 CET 2011

I started to have yet another look at swscale since soon I might dabble
a bit with neon.

I'd like to move ALL the x86 code in the x86 dir and possibly unify the
init functions so x86 won't be special.

Right now I'm just shuffling the code away and duplicate it (C-only in
libswscale, asm-laced in x86), then I'll untemplateze the C one and
apparently some usual suspect seems interested in convert the x86 asm to
yasm as the latest step of the cleanup. The x86 init code will move away
and possibly will be unified.

So far some early points:

- we have bits of Alpha asm left in rgb2rgb_template.c
- Always set FAST_BGR2YV12 (7bit consts instead of 15bit) puzzles me,
maybe an extended comment might be useful
- Non-x86 arches have quite a barrier in order to add effectively
optimizations.
- the functions have sometimes camelCase names sometimes not.
- reading that code doesn't make your eyes bleed

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo/linux