[FFmpeg-devel] How to handle radio streams serving chained files?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu Jan 13 07:38:29 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 04:15:46PM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> How should I support this in lavf so ffplay.c supports this?
> AvProgram? How do I signal a "switch" from
> "stream0=video,stream1=audio" to "stream2=audio" (since stream1/0
> ended, so nothing new comes in anymore) to the application, so ffplay
> just concats it and it plays as if we natively supported this kind of
> idiocy?

Actually, I was told you can do the same with MPEG, with an identical program
suddenly starting to reference different streams (though I do not know
if changing codecs is allowed).
Can we change the stream numbers in a fixed AVProgram without causing API and thread
safety issues?