[FFmpeg-devel] Git switch is ready to go!

Martin Storsjö martin
Thu Jan 13 09:11:43 CET 2011

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011, Tomas H?rdin wrote:

> One question does come to mind: is it possible to "move" an existing git-svn
> tree to use the new git repo instead?
> Grafts look somewhat related (
> https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GraftPoint ), but someone with
> experience might want to chime in on that.

I've got a script that I posted a month ago or so that can use git
filter-branch to rewrite a simple branch onto the corresponding branching
point on another tree. ("Script for migrating branches to the new git"
from December 3rd.) It won't work with a nonlinear branch with several
merges with master, though.

// Martin