[FFmpeg-devel] Git switch is ready to go!

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jan 14 23:12:23 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:00:45PM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 10:58:27PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote :
> > Also just to confirm
> > * The svnlog mailinglist will receive unabrevated commit diffs?
> Yes, the update hook is in place.
> > * The repository will refuse non fast forward pushes?
> Yes, the update hook refuses non fast forward pushes.

Good then iam fine with making SVN read only now if someone checks in the latest
version of our git-howto (id do it but iam not sure which is the latest version)
and makes sure that the rebase/merge thing is
documented in it because as is i think people could with these commands end up
easily with merges they cannot push. That is unless iam silly

PS: make sure the git howto is checked into svn because having only in git the
docs on how to use git (including how to checkout) would be annoying

Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty, and imitating what
is excellent in them. -- Plutarch