[FFmpeg-devel] please make ffmpeg svn repo read-only

Janne Grunau janne-ffmpeg
Mon Jan 17 11:17:05 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:56:08AM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:52:58 +0100
> Janne Grunau <janne-ffmpeg at jannau.net> wrote:
>
> > I believe we are finally ready to switch to git. Please make the svn
> > repository read-only.
>
> done

tested, thanks.

SVN is read-only and all changes are in the git repo in
http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=summary

I can't think why we shouldn't start committing to the git repo.
Please send your commits via `git format-patch` or `git send-mail`
to ffmpeg-dev before pushing if you're unsure.

Don't hesitate to ask question.

Please remember to use `git pull --rebase` or `git rebase` before
pushing since the repository will reject merge commits for now.
The main purpose of this is to prevent every 2nd or 3rd commit being a
merge commit. This is open for reconsideration after everyone is more
familiar with git.

Janne