[FFmpeg-devel] please make ffmpeg svn repo read-only

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Tue Jan 18 00:17:28 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:17:05AM +0100, Janne Grunau wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:56:08AM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:52:58 +0100
> > Janne Grunau <janne-ffmpeg at jannau.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I believe we are finally ready to switch to git. Please make the svn
> > > repository read-only.
> >
> > done
>
> tested, thanks.
>
> SVN is read-only and all changes are in the git repo in
> http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=summary
>
> I can't think why we shouldn't start committing to the git repo.

Would it be possible to change the email sending postcommit hook so that
the emails it sends contain the committer name in the From: header,
instead of having only a laconic and non-informative git at videolan.org ?
(so that it looks a bit more like what subversion used to send us)

Also it may be good to remove the 'commit:' in the subject of those
emails at the same time, to leave more space to the useful informations.

Oh, and thanks a lot for all the work you put in this conversion !
It is *very* much appreciated.

Aurel