[FFmpeg-devel] MPlayer changes discussed on FFmpeg mailing lists

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Jan 18 00:35:15 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 09:40:19PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 04:40:45PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > Funny that you never got that memo yourself.  To this day, you have not
> > > initiated a single phone call yourself, not even an IRC chat.  Surely
> >
> > Thats quite untrue, i very definitly called attila a not that long while ago
> > That said iam neither fan of phone calls nor irc. Which is why i use email
> > instead of these other methods of communication when possible.
>
> Yes, true, you have initiated a single phone call in more or less all
> your life.  No further comment.
>

> > > Also funny that you don't remember how many times I picked up the phone
> > > or got into private conversations with clashing parties in order to
> > > defuse conflicts.
> >
> > I remember you fusing and detonating the uoti conflict with your phone calls
> > and in the process made the mplayer project look really bad for ignoring a
> > 2/3 majority in a vote.
> > Not to mention there where people that where quite upset about you using phone
> > calls after a vote that did not pass like you thought it would have been better
>
> You continue telling your twisted version of the story.  I mediated a
> resolution of the problems between Reimar and Uoti and later I mediated
> a compromise that *you* agreed to explicitly.

I agreed to give him a second chance, not to give him infinitely many

> Otherwise MPlayer would
> have been forked.

uoti forked it anyway

> Now you pretend you never agreed and keep accusing
> me.  Give it a break already, it was your compromise as well, you're
> an adult, don't give me the responsibility for your actions.  If you
> feel you made a mistake, fine, but don't blame me for your mistakes,
> you made them of your own volition.

yes i made a mistake

> And please close this neverending topic already, it will not go anywhere,
> ever.

why do you keep arguing about it then, if you want it closed?

> > Also even at the risk that you dont like it, i must point out that at the least
> > this commit cannot have been a genuine surprise to you as i did send you a mail
> > days before it in which i requested the tab check script to be disabled for the
> > involved directories in ffmpeg. Ive send it long before any consensus about if
> > such changes would be needed at all because i did not expect you to make this
> > change quickly if at all.
> > After seeing that email you must have realized we would remove the tabs
> > before commit somewhere instead of stoping development if you would not react.
>
> False:
>
> email date:
>
>   Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:08:35 +0100
>   From: Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
>   To: Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>
>   Subject: libmpcodecs in libavfilter needs SVN tab/trail check to be amended
>
> commit date:
>
>   r32789 | cehoyos | 2011-01-14 23:10:21 +0100 (Fri, 14 Jan 2011) | 1 line
>
> That gives me a full 10 hours, not the "days" you speak of, at a time
> where I am continually very busy and don't respond to email as quick as
> I usually do, something that you all were very well aware of.

It seems the fact that the commit mail was delayed by a few days got me confused

If you think the mosad wants you dead since a long time then you are either
wrong or dead since a long time.