[FFmpeg-devel] Preliminary announcement about the current situation

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Jan 19 13:21:23 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 04:07:18AM -0800, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 3:59 AM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> >> as I understand it (from lurking in irc), the git at videolan is still up and
> >> running and was not touched at all.
> >
> > no, see "svn"log or a checkout of git
> >

> > From: Mans Rullgard <git at videolan.org>
> > ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?^^^^^^^^
> > [...]
> > - ? ?git clone git://git.videolan.org/ffmpeg <target>
> > + ? ?git clone git://git.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git <target>
> >

> > From: Jason Garrett-Glaser <git at videolan.org>
> > ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ^^^^^^^^^
> > [...]
> >
> > -Project Leader
> > -==============
> > -
> > -Michael Niedermayer
> > - ?final design decisions
> > -
> > -
> > ?Applications
>
> I think that was an error before cvslog was fully switched over; I
> only committed to the git.ffmpeg.org repository.  I actually recloned
> the new repository to ensure that I wasn't committing to anything
> else.
>
> I don't *think* any actual commits went to git.videolan.org; cvslog
> was likely just wrong.  If there was a mistake and commits did in fact
> go to git.videolan.org, it was of course not intended and one should
> feel free to revert anything that went there by mistake.

that commit is in my checkout of the videolan based repo

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf