[FFmpeg-devel] Preliminary announcement about the current situation

Janne Grunau janne-ffmpeg
Wed Jan 19 13:41:16 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:59:38PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:40:13PM +0100, Vladimir Pantelic wrote:
> > Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >> Hi everyone
> >>
> >> I just wanted to say that iam as surprised as everyone else about what has
> >> happened in the last few hours and that some developers overtaking
> >> official ffmpeg and closing everyone elses write access without any kind of
> >> public discussion is kinda nasty.
> >
> > as I understand it (from lurking in irc), the git at videolan is still up and
> > running and was not touched at all.
>
> no, see "svn"log or a checkout of git
>

> From: Mans Rullgard <git at videolan.org>
>                           ^^^^^^^^
> [...]
> -    git clone git://git.videolan.org/ffmpeg <target>
> +    git clone git://git.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git <target>
>

> From: Jason Garrett-Glaser <git at videolan.org>

Sorry, my fault. I intially thought it was a good idea to synce changes
between the repos to make merging of changes easier and get changes to
users who just switched yesterday. It was bad idea considering the
changes we did to the repo on git.ffmpeg.org. Sorry.

I will be available for cleaning it up as far as it is possible and
wished.

Janne