[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New FFmpeg maintainership

Stefan de Konink stefan
Wed Jan 19 15:20:00 CET 2011

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011, Cyril Russo wrote:

> 4) More generally, when a maintainer propose a better alternative for a
> reviewed patch, (s)he could commit/change the patch him/herself and don't
> have to let the initial developer fix it. There is more time wasted in
> useless feedback loop (writing mails to say it lack a space here or here), so
> that in the end, the original idea is not applied at all.

You could say that given the current move to git, this fourth thing could
be done even by different people. But I do want to know: do you want to
prevent discussion on the mailinglist regarding 'patches' or 'branches'?

A lot of discussion on patches is actually pretty interesting for a
general coder to learn best programming practises. Fixing things commiting
and then pulling will give less experience for the typical reader and the
programmer that initially created a patch.

Stefan