[FFmpeg-devel] Commit git "svn"log abbreviation issue

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Jan 19 19:47:01 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 09:43:00PM +0300, Konstantin Pavlov wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 07:01:51PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > It seems the commit diffs sent to svnlog are not unabreviated
> > From: Mans Rullgard <git at videolan.org>
> > To: ffmpeg-cvslog at mplayerhq.hu
> > Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 23:07:49 +0100 (CET)
> > Subject: [FFmpeg-cvslog] Replace ASMALIGN() with .p2align
> >
> > jb, janne ?
> > can i or you do something to fix this?
>
> What do you exactly mean by 'not unabreviated' ?
>
> How do you want those commit emails to look like?

like the shorter diffs that can be passed to patch directly.
not a link that needs internet access.

I suspect its just a size threshold somewhere that needs increasing

and thanks for your quick reply

Old school: Use the lowest level language in which you can solve the problem
            conveniently.
New school: Use the highest level language in which the latest supercomputer
            can solve the problem without the user falling asleep waiting.