[FFmpeg-devel] PATCH: mpegtsenc.c

Georgi Chorbadzhiyski gf
Wed Jan 19 22:21:42 CET 2011

On 1/19/11 2:49 PM, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Georgi Chorbadzhiyski<gf at unixsol.org>  writes:
>
>> Around 01/19/11 04:02, M?ns Rullg?rd scribbled:

>> Two old patches of mine that allow
>>
>> ffmpeg -metadata provider_name="Some provider name" -metadata service_name="Some TV channel"
>>
>> to work for mpeg ts files/streams.
>
> Code looks good, but perhaps the _name suffix on the tags could be dropped.
> No strong opinion there, just thought it seemed redundant.

The fields are named after the names used in the relevant DVB standard
(EN 300 468, 6.2.31 Service descriptor). Actually it should be
"service_provider_name" but that is really excessive. I really don't
care about the naming as long as I can set the service provider name :)

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski
http://georgi.unixsol.org/