[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New FFmpeg maintainership

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu Jan 20 01:16:55 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 03:25:34AM -0800, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 3:19 AM, Thilo Borgmann
> <thilo.borgmann at googlemail.com> wrote:

> >> There is a time for words and there is a time for action.
> >
> > I'm maintainer of some small part of FFmpeg. You, who have "assumed"
> > maintainership have done nothing else than assuming that I do support your
> > actions and in the same move have taken my maintainership from me?
>
> I don't quite understand this sentiment.  As far as I can tell,
> maintainerships haven't changed.  MAINTAINERS is exactly the same as
> before.  I wouldn't have supported this if it meant stripping people
> of their maintainerships.

Sorry, but I just see no way to read the announcement that way.
I guess that may have been the intention, but in that case that
announcement was about the worst written thing I've seen in a long,
long time. Maybe adding more actual information instead of making it
sound like marketing material would have helped (but I admit
that reading it at 4 am did not help my understanding).