[FFmpeg-devel] FFPlay vs Mplayer

Jorge Fernandez Monteagudo jorgefm
Fri Jan 21 14:52:02 CET 2011

Hi all,

I've seen the different behavior playing videos using mplayer or ffplay. Yes, I know,
the first is a mature product and the second a little test application but both are using
the ffmpeg library. With mplayer all decoding and video playing is done in one thread
and they can do audio and video synchronization in a very smooth playing. With ffplay
we have one thread for decoding and one thread for video playing and the audio and
video sync is not very well implemented giving, with some videos, a jerky video playing.
The audio has his own thread in both players.

Anybody knows how can be done all the video playing in only one thread in the mplayer way
or where can I find more info about audio video synchronization in order to modify ffplay
to get a more polished video player?

Sorry if this question is not related to this mailing list, I've sent it previously to the
ffmpeg-users one...

Regards

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener informaci?n privilegiada o CONFIDENCIAL. Si no es vd. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que la utilizaci?n, divulgaci?n y/o copia sin autorizaci?n est? prohibida en virtud de la legislaci?n vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma v?a y proceda a su destrucci?n.

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee and may contain information that is CONFIDENTIAL and protected by professional privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited by law. If this message has been received in error, please immediately notify us via e-mail and delete it.