[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New FFmpeg maintainership

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Sat Jan 22 05:02:51 CET 2011

Hi Stefano,

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 8:40 PM, Stefano Sabatini
<stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:
> On date Wednesday 2011-01-19 01:58:53 +0100, Diego Biurrun encoded:
>> The discontent reached the point where a fork was being contemplated
>> and then planned, but it turned out that the momentum had soared way
>> past critical mass and turned into a tidal wave of revolution. ?The
>> focus moved from forking to avoiding a fork if possible.
>
> But unfortunately it never passed from considering to ask to the
> person/s which were considered the cause of the "problem" to change
> for the last time, or to discuss this publically, giving a chance to
> these persons to defend themselves, and eventually pose an ultimatum
> and act in the case they failed.

I've read this statement by various people in a variety of ways now. I
want to make something very clear: this is not true. I won't spill all
the details, but suffice to say that we felt that we tried enough and
that another approach was needed to advance.

Ronald