[FFmpeg-devel] On software using non-public symbols

Mean fixounet
Sun Jan 23 09:45:31 CET 2011

On 01/23/2011 06:46 AM, Diego Elio Petten? wrote:
> I leave it as an exercise to the reader matching the package names above
> to the actual project maintaining them. Oh and yes, avidemux still
> maintains its own bloody copy of forked ffmpeg; I stopped trying to make
> sense of upstream a long time ago!
   Dont mean to hijack this thread, but
   if by "bloody copy of forked ffmpeg" you mean a tarball of ffmpeg-svn
(without any change)
    , applying some patches needed by avidemux (mainly exposing some
internals of
    libavcodec), and calling ffmpeg own configure/make to build libav*,
yes that's true.