[FFmpeg-devel] [Toy] LucasArts SMUSH demuxer and decoder

Kostya kostya.shishkov
Sun Jan 23 17:50:11 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 04:38:33PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Vitor Sessak <vitor1001 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On 01/29/2009 09:47 AM, Kostya wrote:
> >> Again, for the record and not for review.
> >>
> >> I just took very old patch and extended it to decode palettized LucasArts FMVs
> >> from the games like Full Throttle, Curse of Monkey Island, The Dig, etc.
> >>
> >> I would be glad if somebody pick and finish it (there are minor glitches during
> >> decoding and fade in/fade out scenes are rendered as madly flipping frames
> >> instead; oh, and the code style is rather bad).

[...]
> This decoder is lacking error/sanity checks in many places.  I suspect
> a fuzz attack would make it fall over rather quickly.  Needs more work.

Well, see original message. If it was bad code style and hacky before, I
don't think it has magically improved since then.
I hope I'll pick it up and work on it eventually. Now Bink version b
seems to attract more interest and nobody is working on it either (shame
on you, Peter!).

> Leaving the demuxer for later.

Good idea