[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New FFmpeg maintainership

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jan 24 06:04:57 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 09:14:31PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 06:12:08PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 11:02:51PM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > > Hi Stefano,

> > > I've read this statement by various people in a variety of ways now. I
> > > want to make something very clear: this is not true. I won't spill all
> > > the details, but suffice to say that we felt that we tried enough and
> > > that another approach was needed to advance.
> >
> > Ive heared the "I won't spill all the details" in various forms too.
> > No offense intended but are the details unstable in presence of public scrutiny?
>
> No, but I see little point (or even legitimacy) in disclosing the
> details of private communication with you.  Exposing all of it to
> public scrutiny is likely to degenerate into mud slinging.

Discussions about the project are not private discussions.
Private discussions arent about the project.

So what is this here about?
A "private" discussion between me, diego and ronald?
there was just one namely a phone conference between diego, me, ronald and ben
Let me break the silence and list what i remember afer months (surely not
complete)

We talked about whitespaces after keywords, i think i said i dont like to
burden contributors with that and i think either ronald or ben where somewhat
agreeing

Someone said I should not correct false statements as i cant correct everything
on the net. I strongly disagreed to leave false statements standing.

Everyone told me that my tone was not nice on the mailinglist and i should
be more polite, i didnt know what exactly was meant and asked for an example
which noone could provide.

I think people suggested i call mans or write him an email, i wrote him several
emails without reply I didnt call him, he didnt call me either

Iam sure we talked about more but thats all i can remember. Its a pitty this
was not transscribed.

This is 1. not private and 2. not mud slinging but dead boring.

Also if i agreed to something in the hours of phone talks and forgot, a
simple reminder would have been good, and similarly me taking notes and not
loosing them would have helped too.

Also above phone conference was the only time i spoke with ben and ronald in my
life if iam not mistaken. So where are these amends that where tried and failed

The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool.
-- Epicurus