[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jan 24 16:45:05 CET 2011

Hi

I really wanted to leave, resign and be rid of this retarded political piss game

But then one of the developers on my side told me he has been offered money
to work for / join the new maintainers.
>From where is that money?
from our foundation it seems

If you donated to them be happy about how it gets used now.

Can they do that at all? I guess with the no votes please and no
public scrutiny rule it might have worked out had he accepted instead of telling
others.

As a director of the foundation i feel ashamed for using donations in an
attempt to pull developers on one or the other side of the fork. Noone
donated for that.

And its not even a week since the new maintainers gained power by that
illegitimate takeover

This makes it really hard for me to resign, i really am alergic to such
corruption, not to mention this whole thing slowly drifts from morally
wrong to legally wrong

I know you won't believe me, but the highest form of Human Excellence is
to question oneself and others. -- Socrates