[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Mon Jan 24 17:04:39 CET 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> But then one of the developers on my side told me he has been offered money
> to work for / join the new maintainers.
> From where is that money?
> from our foundation it seems

That's not possible. All directors, including you, need to vote over
such decisions. No director can do anything without discussion between
all directors and approval by a majority.

(Note also that as treasurer, I can assure you that no money has been
paid and I do not intend to pay anyone unless approved by the board;
the only outstanding project is for Justin to merge Aften, and that's
still ongoing. We've discussed other projects but nothing final from
what I remember. I'd like to fund Maxim's prores project but I don't
recall a final decision there yet.)

Ronald