[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jan 24 20:33:41 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 05:07:42PM +0100, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> On 01/24/2011 04:45 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > But then one of the developers on my side told me he has been offered money
> > to work for / join the new maintainers.
> > From where is that money?
> > from our foundation it seems
> >

> I'm not aware such events. Most likely not true. But how about we fund
> you to keep working on your fork? I'm sure there are areas where we can
> find an agreement for this to happen.

Thats an odd offer in this thread, but what amount are we talking about?

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus