[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Benjamin Larsson banan
Mon Jan 24 22:40:29 CET 2011

On 01/24/2011 08:33 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 05:07:42PM +0100, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
>> On 01/24/2011 04:45 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> But then one of the developers on my side told me he has been offered money
>>> to work for / join the new maintainers.
>>> From where is that money?
>>> from our foundation it seems
>>>

>> I'm not aware such events. Most likely not true. But how about we fund
>> you to keep working on your fork? I'm sure there are areas where we can
>> find an agreement for this to happen.
>
> Thats an odd offer in this thread, but what amount are we talking about?

Suggest a project to the foundation board and an amount that you think
is reasonable for the task. I know (and most of us) that you are
qualified for almost anything FFmpeg related so just pick something that
you would prefer to work on. Depending on the suggestion the board will
then decide if we want to fund the project or not. As long as the
project is a welcome contribution to the FFmpeg project as a whole I see
no reason why it wouldn't be accepted.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson