[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Jan 26 16:38:44 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 06:02:30PM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> >> mail sent, iam waiting, but if its really not from the foundation then it must
> >> come from someone else or this is a very odd misunderstanding
> >
> > Ive seen the mail, ronald do i have your permission to post the mail here?
>
> I guess. You should ask this privately, not in public, if you want to
> protect privacy, though.

ronald gave his ok yesterday on IRC, sorry for the delay, heres the mail:

  Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 22:29:36 -0500
From: Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com>
To: Carl Eugen Hoyos <ce at hoyos.ws>
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] Upload of harrypottersample.avi

Hi Carl Eugen,

yes, there's some other stuff ongoing also. Let me elaborate.

A group of developers was unhappy about certain aspects of current
FFmpeg development. We sat together and decided to change it. We don't
believe a "vote" or "discussion" would have helped, these things have
been rather dull and slow (call it "bikesheddy", if you wish) in the
past. We decided to do it the quick and harsh approach, see it as
taking a plaster off a wound.

This probably sounds rude to those not involved. I apologize for that.
We had to do it in a relatively close-knit setting to make sure it
would satisfy all of us who were dissatisfied with the current state
of affairs. We do want all developers to stay around and keep
contributing. We do appreciate all your work. As an example, Diego and
Benjamin have brought up that they would like the foundation to
financially compensate you and Diego for your work on license
compliance (which we would eventually charge back to the offenders).

Anyway, we don't want to kick you or anyone else away. We just want to
do away with some old habits of development and replace them with - we
think - better ones.

As for that file - I'll ask the user to reupload. Weird stuff...

Ronald

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 9:56 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ce at hoyos.ws> wrote:
> Hi Ronald!
>
> Allow me to say that I am mildly surprised that this is the only mail I
> receive from you atm.
>
> (And no, I don't remember the file.)
>
> Carl Eugen

If you think the mosad wants you dead since a long time then you are either
wrong or dead since a long time.